Monday, March 2, 2009

March is a month of many gifts (MARCH GIFT MADNESS, people!) ... gifts are always harder to post since I can't post until they have been given. But here is the first:



Reversible apron for Janna!

Fabric: (don't have my notes here at the library, so I am guessing ...)
Apples and Pears by Alexander Henry AND pumpkins gone wild by Sandy Gervais
Rather than making my own bias tape (on a time crunch, as usual) I bought some wide quilt binding. Found a color that matched perfectly! When I make this pattern again (and I will!) I may plan on using the bias. It went quickly and saved cutting up a yard of fabric, just or the neck ties.

This is a wonderfully flattering apron. I thought it would take several hours, but I was able to do it in half a day with the boys awake. Pretty quick sew for a great apron.

There has been knitting, too. Lots of knitting. Mostly starting more gifts for MARCH GIFT MADNESS. But until more is done, and I have pictures, Ravelry is the place to go. Ahh, back to the needles . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and the recipient loves it! :D

Karin said...

Hmm, I've been sewing some aprons recently that are nice enough, but am really considering trying this pattern. I think it would be a little more flattering than my "straight" ones... So it's nice to hear that it was such an easy sew...