Friday, May 30, 2008

Knitting Completed!

I have gotten a few projects done ... I look at my basket sometimes and decide that I just CANNOT start something new until I get something done! So that is the current goal (with newly dyed yarn drying to cast on the Apres Surf Hoodie ). It makes a difference, too, that sis will have her baby anytime now and mom is preparing to lose her hair now due to the chemo (hopefully I will get her hat done by the end of the weekend).



Sweet Baby's Hat
yarn: Paton's Grace
I am not a big fan of cotton yarn, but Grace was fine. I used less than half a skein of each color. No ties right now ... we will wait and see if baby needs them. I wish I had found this pattern when my baby was still a baby!






Cozy Capelet

Yarn: Plymough Baby Alpaca Grande

Pattern: Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet by Julia Allen


Now I want a whole sweater of this yarn! But I think a capelet will be good for over-air-conditioned buildings and chilly Minnesota evenings. Still need to find the right pin for a closure. Used every bit of 2 skeins ... finished the sleeves before the bottom so I wouldn't run out, and even then had to rip back a few rows so I had enough to cast off. This yarn was a scarf for my sister, but I think she would rather borrow a capelet then wear a scarf :)



D's New Socks

Yarn: Austermann Step

Pattern: simple ribbed sock, done in 3x1 ribbing

(I use the book Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd)

Love love LOVE this yarn! It was great to work with, and now I am jealous that D gets them rather than me! But there are so many other colors to choose from (and I do have other yummy yarn for me). He won't wear them until fall, probaby, but it is nice to get another pair done.



1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Karin, thanks for your comments on my copper penny dyeing question on Ravelry. Can't wait to see how your yarn turned out!

Love your knitting projects, especially the soft green capelet.

Wishing your sis and the upcoming baby well, and hoping your mom's chemo goes well.